Monday, November 16, 2020

Another Notice

 HI all,


After some careful thinking and consideration, I’ve decided to put some of the translations back onto the blog, but only some. I’ll list what is and isn’t going back on the blog and why.


Here’s what’s staying on the blog:

  • GDN Translations
  • Translated TLW chapters that have not been compressed into a ZIP file


The GDN pages are from Manga Goraku issues. Personally I don’t think they’d look too good on manga aggregator sites because I’ve also translated some of the Manga Goraku blurbs, lol.

TLW chapters that haven’t been zipped are the only pages that haven’t appeared on Regnant’s Silver Fang Reader, so anyone who wants to read TLW chapters can hop from the reader to here (at least until I finish retranslating the TLW chapters!).



Here’s what’s remaining off the blog (for now):

  • Translated GDW Monkey Arc
  • Translated GDW Hokkaido/Russian Arc
  • Translated TLW chapters that have been compressed into a ZIP file


The Monkey Arc contains A LOT of inaccurate translations, A LOT of typos, and text too small to read in the bubbles, so I’m quickly going through to fix those issues. I’ve been meaning to do this for a while, so it’s best if I go through it and fix them so the language will be more accurate.

The same will be done for the Russian Arc and the translated TLW arc. However because those arcs were recently translated with very few problems, those won’t take long to fix.


In addition to all of those fixes, I will be applying a watermark which will hopefully discourage these pages from being used on manga aggregator sites (and credit will be given to myself). I’ll try not to make the watermark too intrusive.


Please bear with me as I make these changes. They're going to take a while, but they will get done, I promise.


I will post the latest chapter of GDN soon (hopefully…I’ve been busy with work lately).

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Fang is Kuro's project, so I won't be posting anything related to Fang here.

      Delete
  2. Noah's translations are more than I could wish since The Last Wars is closing it's ending on Finland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! GDN translations are here are very important before in Finland we get our own translation.

      Delete
  3. I really appreciate you making this decision. I was so used to regularly checking your blog that transitioning onto SFR was jarring. I’m so sorry people have stolen your work but I am very grateful that you reversed the decision. I will always appreciate the incredible work you do to translate GTLW and GDN, as I have for two years, and thank you so much for continuing to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks For doing these translations for people im working on an game in roblox and since idk japanese ive been using your blog for info but dont worry i gave lots of credit to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would just like to say thank you so much for your translations. You inspired me alot to learn translation myself. Its really good to see you are going into other interests and such. I know how tiring it can be doing something you dont like anymore and even though I've only read gng and gdw I've heard how much of a mess the future installments are. Sorry this is so long I'm just a big fan. Thanks again and good luck to you :).

    ReplyDelete