Thursday, July 20, 2017

GDW 37-51 (AKA The Russian Arc)

I've started translating the volumes of GDW's Russian Arc. This post is where I'll put the volumes when I finish them, so bookmark this page and be sure to keep an eye out for updates!

Only volume 37 is available ATM, but more will be added as I progress.

Some quick notes:


  • I didn't bother translating the Character descriptions in the beginning. I figured any Ginga fans should know about the characters by now. I included them in the downloads anyway.
  • I've revised, revised, and revised this entire volumes over and over again, and yet I'm still not convinced I've fixed all the mistakes. If you see anything that you think is a mistake (typo, missing page, etc.), please let me know ASAP so I can fix it.
  • If you do decide to share these downloads, I request that you give me credit for the typesetting and translations. This took me a lot of time and effort, after all!
Without further ado, here are the downloads.

14 comments:

  1. You're so awesome!
    This is the arc I've always wanted to read the most. Reading it reminds me what a cool guy Hakuro is again and I'm eagerly looking forward to Maxim.
    Lydia's first impression isn't a good one for me, but I think she'll get better further on. She seems to think shes more clever and attractive than she really is, I don't think Jerome really gives a damn at this point haha.

    And Gin... why you so nosy and awkward?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for making these! I've always wanted to read the Russian arc. I'm especially waiting for Alam or Aram (however it's spelled). Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! Thank you for your efforts!
    37 was a pretty good volume by the way, I'm glad we're finally getting to read this arc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

    I always wanted to read the Russian arc! I look forward to your updates! Out of curiosity, once you finish this arc are you going translate any more arcs? Like the Hougen or Joe arcs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing, thank you soo much for all of your hard work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fanta, First, I want to thank you from all of my heart, I am so immensely happy for all that you are doing ^^

    Second, I have a question regarding downloading the chapter, and it might be a silly question, yet I have not been able to find an answer anywhere... Do you know where it is possible to download chapters/volumes 3-10?

    I can only read them online at the silverfang reader, but I cannot find anything about downloading them...

    Kind regards, with or without an answer. You are still amazing, and I think you must be busy already, anyways, thanks soo much ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Fanta ^^

    I've managed to track them down (I'll leave a link in case anyone else also want to grap them for local storage): http://silverfangfanhouse.proboards.com/thread/1596/gdw-volumes-10-fan-scanalations

    Again, I just wants to express my gratitude for the enormous work you're doing. I am forever grateful.

    Friendly regards ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does anybody know where i can find the hybrid arc translated?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will these be available again or can i find them somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  10. When Will The link come back? Bc i really want to read thede chapters!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please let me know when you reupload the link! I got back to Ginga after so many years and with my knowledge of English right I can finally sit down to read it (my mother language is Spanish).
    It's sad there're no official translations up to this point of GDW, thank you so much for your work in translations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. does anyone have the russian arc i want to read it

    ReplyDelete