Saturday, December 22, 2018

The Last Wars: Chapter 157

Merry Christmas everyone (Yeah, I said it. Come at me bruh)

For those who aren't aware, Ginga: THE LAST WARS has come to an end on December 7th 2018. The series may be over, but translations for them are FAR from over.

Once I find/receive chapters, I'm going to translate them in order from this day forward. It's much too confusing to translate them out of order, plus lack of context can make me get some of the translations wrong.

I'm on a tiny little break from my job, so I'll have some time to translate some stuff. Speaking of which, this chapter was brought to me by FDQ, so credit goes to them for the chapter. This one takes place after Chapter 156.


Click the spoiler tag to read the chapter.























3 comments:

  1. Thanks for translating these! Have you read about the final chapter yet? The plot has been leaked online. Since you have followed this series so consistently for a long time, I wonder what did you think about the ending?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, the ending seemed very rushed and abrupt. It was as if Yoshi had specific plans to the ending of the series at his own pace, but then had to make an abridged version because his producers wanted him to put an end to it (Personally I don't know why the ending is so abrupt, but I've heard rumors that Yoshi is retiring, or that he was going on hiatus due to illness). There are so many unanswered questions that at this point will never be answered. But who knows, maybe Yoshi will answer them in his future works if he ever gets to it. Otherwise, the ending we got is the ending we'll have to live with.

      Delete
    2. The series had to end because he has tenosynovitis. They couldn't put it on a break, because only very popular series can survive breaks without losing their audience, and Manga Goraku would have had to find something else to temporarily fill the gap. I haven't read the chapters right before the ending, so maybe it won't seem as rushed in context. But the seemingly unaswered questions really bother me. Especially about the fate of Chibi and Zion.

      Delete